What is EcoBroker®?
EcoBroker is an education and certification program for real estate professionals who care about the environment and want to promote energy-efficient and “green” features in homes and buildings. The EcoBroker® logo is the symbol of environmentally responsible and sustainable practices in the real estate industry. Certified EcoBrokers® meet buyer and seller demand for real estate professionals with a real understanding of the issues that drive current market decisions.
- Know more about the potential monthly savings or costs of a home:
EcoBrokers® have an understanding of energy efficiency and the costs or savings associated with insulation, windows, appliances, heating and cooling systems, and other features of your home that affect your monthly bottom line.
- Know more about indoor air quality and healthy environments:
EcoBrokers® can help you address environmental issues including: indoor air quality, ventilation, use of low VOC paints, quality radon testing, and reliable water testing.
- Consider building orientation and natural landscaping features:
EcoBrokers® understand energy savings that can be derived from proper building orientation and daylighting, overhangs, and placement of trees (for shading and windbreaks).
- Find homes with “green” features easily, on EcoBroker.com:
Your EcoBroker® can help you search for new homes and information on the EcoBroker.com site.
- Get the most from your home or property sale:
EcoBrokers® understand energy efficiency and environmental features of homes. Working with your local EcoBrokerTM ensures you are working with someone who can highlight these attributes and their value.
- Communicate the energy cost savings of your home:
EcoBrokers® help you highlight energyefficient features in your home that may help you get the best price for your property.
- Communicate to buyers the indoor air quality and health benefits of your property or building: EcoBrokers® can help you highlight healthy features of your home’s indoor environment.
- Emphasize building orientation and landscaping features:
Your EcoBroker® understands how to properly highlight favorable building orientation and landscaping, when marketing your home.
- Differentiate Your Listing:
Working with an EcoBroker® helps you market your property to the growing number of green-minded consumers and gets your listing the attention it deserves!
Promote Healthier, Cost-Effective, and Green Practices in Real Estate